Sat, Oct 28|
IEN Path to Success Workshop
The two-day workshop for Internationally Educated Nurses to learn about Alberta's Healthcare and practice environment. The workshop is led by experienced critical care RNs and nurse educators. Highly motivated and passionate nurses guiding and welcoming IENs to the Canadian workforce.
Time & Location
Oct 28, 9:00 AM – Oct 29, 5:30 PM
About the Event
The workshop is filled with information and practices for International nurses to get familiar with the latest practices within Alberta's Healthcare System in Canada. Some of our highlights are as follows;
- Review of Nursing Care in Alberta including regulatory bodies and unions.
- Hands-on Practice with Equipment Used in Alberta's Public Facilities.
- Overview of Protocols and Procedures Used in Alberta's Hospitals.
- Patient Assessment.
- Tubes and Drains hands-on practice.
- Overview of Canadian Nursing best practice guidelines.
- Alberta Government and Healthcare explained.
- Skills labs utilizing equipment you will see at your new workspaces.
- Interview skills and preparation tips
- Introduce new programs to support IEN's success and much more!
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (Head to toe assessment and Handover report)
IEN path to Success Entry Pass
This Ticket includes an entry pass, refreshments, coffee, and Lunch for Day 1